The Corinth Canal is an artificial means of water that links the Gulf of Corinth with the Aegean Sea through the Isthmus
of Corinth, opening the way to maritime transport and separating the Peloponnese from the rest of Greece. It measures
6.3 km long and was built between 1881 and 1893. It was designed by Hungarian engineer Steven Turre (1825-1908). Under
the draft of Lesseps, Turre went work on the canal since 1881. It was inaugurated on November 9th, 1893.