Paint Mill 'De Kat'






Paint Mill 'De Kat'

It is dedicated to the transformation of raw materials for the manufacture of pigments. It was built between 1646 and 1696
in its present location in the Zaanse Schans Kalverringdijk. In 1782 the factory was destroyed by fire, but was rebuilt.
In the early 1900's the factory was demolished at the height of the platform. Used for grinding of raw materials
to make pigments for paints and is regarded as the only mill of its kind.